Thursday, July 17, 2008

Doping in the '08 Tour

-----Original Message-----
From: anonymous@smtp.american.pl
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2008 10:27 AM
To: joe@joepapp.com

Joe, watching the drama about doping unfold again this year at the Tour is worse then the Farve vs the Packers saga... let me know what you think about all of this.

Jeff


-----My Response-----
Jeff, what I think is that it's not surprising, but it is disheartening to see a guy as young as Ricco heavily involved in doping. Like I said during the Landis Affair, cyclists use testosterone b/c it works - and they use a helluva lot of other doping products too, unfortunately.

Joe

PS. I knew Moisés Dueñas in 2002 when he was racing in Cuba for Spanish team Cropusa, and he is the second rider from that program to test positive. The other was Jordi Riera-Valls (who also raced for Kelme). So no - I'm not surprised by any of this, and I said as far back as the Giro that Ricco was doped.

1 comment:

  1. Joe

    Good call about Ricco'.Buddy,can you please email me as soon as you can.I need to speak with you.Cheers Raymond.

    ReplyDelete

Pappillon welcomes your comments and encourages your participation. Comments may, however, be moderated.